What is the secret of how to clean your eyelash extensions?
Part of the problem for lash extension wearers is a simple misunderstanding about aftercare instructions. When you get your extensions, your technician will advise you to avoid getting them wet for a full 24 hours. There’s a good reason for that, of course: the adhesive that holds your extensions to your lashes needs time to set properly.
Directions how to clean your eyelash extensions
Once that bond is formed, however, those extensions can be allowed to get wet from time to time. In fact, you should get them wet – to wash them! You see, there’s a whole host of things that can get lodged in those lashes, leaving them dirty, lifeless, and generally unhealthy. For example, your lashes tend to attract bits of makeup, dead skin, dirt, oils, and more. Left unattended, those dirty lashes can invite bacterial infections or worse.
Fortunately, there is a good way to keep those lashes clean and avoid health complications. As an added benefit, those clean lashes will tend to lash longer too. To keep your lashes clean and at their best, you can:
Follow simple steps and tips
- Use a gentle cleaner – preferably a foaming product or one that forms a nice lather. Choose a cleansing product rather than cotton wipes or pads to avoid fibers getting trapped in the lashes.
- Start by using lukewarm water to rinse your face – including your lashes. Be gentle, but don’t be afraid to get those lash extensions wet.
- Lather up your chosen cleanser and apply it to your lashes, beginning at the lash line. Again, be gentle and try to avoid pulling or rubbing the lashes.
- Rinse the cleanser. Use lukewarm water, just as you did during your pre-rinse.
- Gently pat your face, while avoiding the lashes. They can dry on their own – usually in just a few minutes.
- Use a wand to brush the lashes gently.
- Repeat this cleaning process daily to maintain clean and healthy lashes and extensions!
At Sofia Eyelash, our experienced, licensed lash technicians are always here to help you learn more about maintaining your gorgeous, healthy lashes. For more information and to schedule your next appointment for the best lash extensions in Edmonton West, Alberta, call us today!