Your Lash Extensions and Aftercare
What to expect from your Eyelashes:
Your new lash extensions are waterproof and can withstand normal daily activities. However Aftercare is necessary. Even those such as swimming and taking a bath. They will continue to look great for 3-4 weeks. Depending on the strength and texture of your natural lashes. As your natural lashes shed your lash extensions will fall out with them. This natural shedding means that you will need to come in for a touch up about every 3 weeks.
To keep your lash extensions looking great, follow these basic rules:
- After you shower don’t wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure. This means you should also avoid steam rooms / saunas and swimming during that period.
- Do not use waterproof mascara or oil-based makeup removers as they can weaken the adhesive of your lash extensions;
- Do not use eyelash curlers;
- Avoid rubbing your eyes vigorously;
- Avoid sleeping on your face;
- Don’t let the stream from your shower head hit your face directly as the pressure can knock lash extensions loose.
- Customers who chose real mink lashes are advised to be careful when in contact with heat and should try to keep their lashes away from hair dryers, candles and open flames.